Friday, February 23

Another goal: To reclaim my house

My house is a bit of a disaster right now, after a botched/unfinished renovation. I admit that this was my fault. I used amateurs and didn't have the time to supervise them properly. But now I am living in a house that has all kinds of unfinished business that needs finishing. It's time that I started to move on this again.

Of course, the biggest thing with renovations is the cost, and I don't have a lot of personal cash available. I want to do some parts myself - the parts that I feel confident that I can do a good job at - and I will then bring in professionals for the rest. So my goal is to start working at least 4 hours each weekend on my house. It's not a lot, but compared to a standstill it should be very good progress.

The housing prices in my area are listing quite high right now, but I don't feel like I can value my house at those prices while it is such a mess. So this goal will also have a significant financial impact. Once my house is livable and clean again I will probably increase my estimate of its value by $15,000-35,000.

Today's billable hours: 5.5
Today's contracted hours: 0.5

0 comments: